Hickenlooper votes to move forward an eco-terrorist to serve as Bureau of Land Management Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Greenwood Village, CO. — Today, Colorado GOP Chairwoman Kristi Burton Brown released the following statement regarding the shameful decision by Senator Hickenlooper to vote for Tracy Stone-Manning to lead the Bureau of Land Management:
“This morning, John Hickenlooper voted to move forward an eco-terrorist and proven liar to lead the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). I believe that Colorado ranchers, loggers, farmers, and outdoors enthusiasts all deserve a leader at the BLM who isn’t an extremist, and who hasn’t collaborated with eco-terrorists to injure and maim their coworkers. Sadly, it appears that neither Hickenlooper nor Bennet agree with that statement.
“The partisan decision by both Bennet and Hickenlooper to stand with Chuck Schumer and an eco-terrorist instead of Colorado is pathetic.
“I hope both of them will reevaluate their misguided decision to stand with an eco-terrorist over Colorado in the final confirmation vote.”
- Tracy Stone- Manning engaged and collaborated in tree spiking in 1989, which is a form of eco-terrorism that aims to maim and kill loggers and mill workers.
- Stone-Manning sent a threatening letter to the United States Forest Service on behalf of these eco-terrorists.
- According to the Bureau of Land Management, they manage “8.3 million acres of public lands and 27 million acres of federal mineral estate in Colorado…. most of our public lands are concentrated on Colorado’s Western Slope.”
- The Grand Junction Sentinel, issued a scathing editorial opposing Stone-Manning’s nomination. They wrote, “She will enter office snakebit, and that won’t help the BLM or the communities impacted by its policies.”
- Stone-Manning lied to the United States Senate about her involvement in tree spiking and the criminal investigation into their actions.
- Senator Hickenlooper is a member of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, all Democrats on that committee voted to move Stone-Manning’s nomination forward to the Senate floor.
- Senator Bennet has previously announced his support for Stone-Manning’s confirmation.