COGOP Chairwoman Kristi Burton Brown calls for bipartisan investigation into the Polis Administration’s COVID-19 response
June 26, 2021
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
Greenwood Village, CO. — Today, Colorado GOP Chairwoman Kristi Burton Brown released the following statement regarding revelations made public in a Colorado Public Radio story regarding the Polis Administration’s failure to adequately test and safeguard Coloradans in nursing homes during the COVID-19 pandemic:
“The revelations revealed in yesterday’s CPR story highlight disturbing questions about the Polis Administration’s COVID-19 nursing home response. The apparent negligence and incompetence shown by senior members of this administration is tragic and likely cost lives in nursing homes across our state.
“Today, I’m calling for a bipartisan investigation into the Polis Administration’s COVID response. The families and loved ones of those we’ve lost deserve the truth.”
– Governor Polis has repeatedly dodged talking to talk to the media about this topic.
– According to CPR, “Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Colorado had the worst rate of death per occupied nursing home bed in the U.S. It was twice the rate of death as the national average, according to the federal data.”
– Governor Polis was publicly touting a “world class contact tracing” program, as that system began to crumble.
– Governor Polis lied about the effectiveness of his “strike force” which he tried to tout as a “national model.”
– Colorado AARP state director, Bob Murphy, stated, “It’s tragic and somebody needs to be accountable.”