BENNET VOTES FOR $1.9 TRILLION SOCIALIST BOONDOGGLE
March 09, 2021
|Greenwood Village, CO. – Today, Senator Bennet and Senator Hickenlooper shamefully voted for a partisan $1.9 trillion socialist boondoggle that House Democrats, Chuck Schumer, and President Biden have tried to spin as “COVID relief.|
|Here are just a few items included in this boondoggle: |
– $270 million for the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities.
– $129 billion for elementary and secondary schools – even if they stay closed.
– $570 million for 15 weeks of paid leave for federal employees.
– $200 million for the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
– $820 million for Amtrack’s Northeast Corridor and $166 million for long distance rail.
– Forces $36 billion in Medicare Cuts, negatively impacting Colorado seniors.
– $50 million for “environmental justice grants.”
As the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board wrote:“No wonder Democrats want to pass all this on a partisan vote. It’s a progressive blowout for the ages that does little for the economy but will finance Democratic interest groups for years. Please don’t call it Covid relief.”
Surprisingly, less than 9 percent of this plan would actually go to directly fighting COVID-19.Even some Democrats think their Party has gone too far this time. Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-OR) voted against the partisan bill and said, “There’s a ton of stuff in here that has nothing to do with COVID, nothing to deal with the emergency at hand.”
|Statement from Colorado GOP Spokesman Joe Jackson: “It is completely shameful how Senator Bennet and Senator Hickenlooper have sold out Colorado’s middle class and voted for this completely partisan liberal wishlist.|
“This bill is the worst of Washington – Coloradans won’t forget that Bennet once again chose to follow Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi in passing a wasteful, partisan, and extreme spending bill.”